WHERE TO DONATE
Even though you won't make any money, donating your used items can be very rewarding.
Value Village is a great charity with many convenient locations. Not only do they donate money to local non-profits when you donate, but they give you points towards discounts on items you purchase there. They accept a wide variety of household items including:
- Gently Used Apparel
- Accessories (scarves, backpacks, purses, etc.)
- Dishes and Kitchenware
- Books and Magazines
- Bedding, Towels and Curtains
- Small Appliances such as Blenders and Toasters
- Small Furniture
- View the full list of accepted items
The SPCA wishlist varies slightly between branches and over time so be sure to check the wishlist of your local branch before you head over. Generally the SPCA is always looking for the following donations:
- Pet Items (dog collars, beds, leashes, kitty litter, treats, toys, etc.)
- Towels , Sheets, Blankets and Wash Cloths
- Office Supplies (sharpies, printer paper)
- Garbage Bags
- Laundry Detergent
- Watering Cans
- Toilet Paper, Kleenex and Paper Towel
clothesline - diabetes association
Similar to Value Village, Clothesline accepts many household items donations such as books, toys, clothing and electronics. To donate, simply take your goods to a Clothesline Dropbox. Find a Clothesline Dropbox near you. For a full list of acceptable items click here.
Unlike Value Village, the Diabetes Association will also accept used and old car donations - they'll even come pick it up!
Learn about the First-time Donor's Super Credit Tax Rebate.
The Furniture Depot is located in Thornhill and aims to help those transitioning from homelessness by providing them with free donated furniture. For more information or to schedule a pick-up or drop off visit their website.
habitat for humanity
Find a location near you.
OTHER DONATION LOCATIONS
- Talk to your local library about donating your gently used books. For children's books you can also consider donating to childrensbookbank.com
- Before donating your computer you're going to want to clear all of your information. Then consider donating to Reboot Canada. You can even get a tax receipt for your donation!
- Drop off your prescription eyeglasses to your local eye doctor and they will donate them to Third World Countries
- Sporting Goods
- Play It Again Sports gladly excepts new and used sporting equipment.