Moving day is approaching quickly, and it is time to finalize all of your details and ensure your moving plan is set in stone.
- Babysitting and / or pet-sitting arrangements
- Finalize how you will be moving the items that are not going in the moving truck
- That your utilities will be hooked up on moving day
If you are hiring movers:
- Call the moving company and confirm dates, times, rates and any special instructions or requests they may have
If you are moving on your own:
- Call your friends up and remind them of the commitment they made to help you move - make sure they know what time to show up
- Call the truck rental company and confirm date, pick-up time, cost and payment method
- Finalize the details of how you will be picking up the truck - Are you leaving your car there? Do you need a ride from a friend?
tie up loose ends:
- Call and arrange takeout to be delivered to your new address on moving day at a certain time (trust us)
- Fill all prescriptions
- Empty Safety Deposit Box and secure items if moving out of area
- Pay any remaining bills
- Pick up clothes from drycleaner, tailor, etc.
- Return any outstanding library books